Friday, January 14, 2011

Faith to Stay Put

I really needed the message that Pastor Steven's drivetime devotional was on today. It was called Faith to Stay Put, and basically he was talking about how it takes great faith to stay in a situation that seems too hard or unfair. I've had times off and on recently where I've gotten discouraged about my job, because I am on my 8th month of being a temp and every time I see a notice that another location (usually Corporate) hired somebody, I have the when will it be my turn? feeling. I know that God has me there for a purpose, but there are just some days where I struggle with being frustrated.

One really awesome thing happened today though... I got my mom to listen to the devotional with me : ) This is huge for me because my going to a different church has been a major issue between us, since she raised me Catholic and she expected me to stay that way. However, her response to his message today was that his message was interesting...which coming from her is a HUGE compliment.

I started another short devotional a few days ago, on the topic of courage. Yesterday's reading was from Dnaiel 3, where Nebuchadnezzar throws three men into a furnace when they refuse to worship his idol and his gods. They refuse to obey him, and they state that they know that God is able to save them, but even if He doesn't they would still refuse to worship false gods. The results of their faith is amazing: none of them were harmed by the fire, and the king saw what God could do for those who believe in Him. He acknowledges Him as the "Most High God" in verse 26. I desire to have the courage and faith to walk into a fire in my life, trusting that God will not let me be harmed; but even if I am harmed, I would still trust and worship God.

No comments:

Post a Comment