Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 15

I've been reading through Day 15 for the past couple of days, and I really haven't found very much to talk about.

Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.  The NCV version phrases it like this: Plans fail without good advice, but they succeed with the advice of many others. Other people have learned lessons through experiences that we have not lived through, and so it is very helpful to consider what other people have to say when planning things in life, no matter how big or small they may be. Otherwise, we can plan to do something but have no idea how to avoid downfalls that could have been avoided.

In order to fully grasp what every chapter is saying, I've actually got 3 different versions of the Bible that I'm reading. The NIV is always first, but I've also got the NCV and The Message (and my NIV Quest Study Bible, which also helps greatly). It takes more time but it makes it so much easier to understand everything that I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment