Saturday, August 14, 2010

Days 2 through 5

Apparently I am terrible at updating this thing. So here are days 2 through 5:

Day 2

Matthew 2:10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.  I love how God used a star to lead the three wise men to the baby Jesus. I also love how God used dreams to communicate with Joseph and the wise men.

Job 2:13 Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was. This verse reminded me that sometimes the best thing I can do for someone in need is, someone in a rough situation, is to be silent and just be there with them.

Day 3

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Our understanding of the world and of what happens in our lives is so limited, because we cannot see the big picture that God sees.

Day 4

Romans 4:18-23 is such an incredible reminder to me that God has promised me permanent employment and I need to stop doubting that it will happen. Sometimes I have a good day, but some days I feel frustrated because I've been through this temp employee waiting game once before, and there's no guarantee this company is going to pull through and hire me. However, I was told by a preacher who works with me there that God told him I will be given permanent employment, and this has happened with him before with someone else that did receive the promise they were given. These verses talk about how Abraham kept his faith strong that God would fulfill his promise of having children in his old age. Verses 20-21 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God has power to do what He had promised.

Acts 4:13 mentions how Peter and John were unschooled, ordinary men. It shows that you don't have to have a degree in order to spread the news of Christ.

Day 5

1 Thessalonians 5:14 We urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. The last part, 'be patient with everyone', may be the biggest challenge in this verse. It means all of those close to you that you see on a regular basis, but it also means everyone else also. This includes the person who cut you off in traffic, the store customer ahead of you in line who bought 50+ items and then began writing a check for the purchase. Verses 16-18 are also wonderful: Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Job 5:9 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Such an amazing fact abbout God!

No comments:

Post a Comment